Friday 16 January 2009

To Dream...

Well, today I didn't have to work as long as usual. That was nice, because the drivers on the road were acting crazy and I was more worried by them than the actual conditions. I could really do without the rain in January. It's supposed to be snow... we do live in Alaska, after all.

But when I came home, after a little while, Dad decided that we should watch a movie together. So of course, he picked a good one. Yes, Jhaniel, one based (however loosely) off a book. A very good book. A classic, in fact. 



Man of La Mancha. Much different than what I remember from when I was younger and watched it, but still good. 
It makes me pause and think about my outlook on life. Would I rather see a world that is iron and cold, or golden and glowing? I think I must choose the latter - and that makes me a bit of a Quixotic person. 
Some might say that I'm already quite the dreamer, and I suppose that comes of being a poet. But it is fair pleasanter to see beauty in life than to see it as a depressing cycle of cruel fate.
So, yes, I'm going to be singing The Quest at work next week. Hope the kids don't mind. 

2 comments:

  1. Hm, I've seen the film, and yeah, it was pretty good . . . Not one of my favorites, though. Despite the fact that I do like Peter O'Toole.

    I like the premise of using the hideous real world to create a more exalted version through writing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's not on my list of favourites either, although I do love the music. It's a good movie, much better than many others that have wasted my time. And Peter O'Toole is amazing. (Lawrence of Arabia forever!!!)

    It's the idea, the concept, behind Don Quixote that intrigues me... to make the mundane into something amazing.

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...