Monday 5 January 2009

Food, Glorious Food!

Every year, our community puts on a large musical. Last year, I was invited to join the pit orchestra for the production of King & I, which was one of the best times of the year.

This year, we are doing Oliver. Yes, the beloved tale by Dickens. 

Tonight was our first rehearsal for the orchestra. I think I'm going to love it this year. I am not sure about who is playing the parts, except for the part of Fagan - who we all knew who it was certain to go to. We got at least half-way through, and hope to go through the rest of it next week. 

I think I've already picked out my favourite song... the second one in the whole show. 

Who could deny a little boy singing "Food! Glorious Food!"... well, not me. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel your excitement!!! I absolutely LOVE musical theatre, and though I've never had the chance to play in the orchestra (would love to!) I can't resist being in the cast of any community theatre production..... until now. Yep, 3 children later and I'm instead playing the part of Mamma at home while Stuart gets to go play the Lion in Wizard of Oz. :( Poor me.
    Still, I get to hear all about it when he comes home from rehearsals. And it'll be my turn again next year. :) Enjoy!!! I love Oliver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Musical theatre is so wonderful, I want to drag all my friends into it somehow. :)
    I understand the need to step out of productions every now and then, but I hope you can be in a play soon! My family gets to hear about the pit all the time, so in a way, they get to be involved with the plays. I promise to enjoy myself, and Oliver is wonderful!!!
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...