Friday 9 January 2009

Do I Get an Umbrella?

As some of you may know, I've been job-hunting recently so that I can earn money for college. Anyways, nothing was coming through, till I decided to apply for a housekeeping post. 
The woman called, and it turns out that it not only is a housekeeping job, but a nanny position. 
Yesterday, I went for an interview with her and met her three grandchildren. And after it was over, she offered me the job. She was afraid that the idea of having to clean the house would scare me away from working for her. Well, not even the thought of doing more laundry *sigh* could scare me away from work. 
So, I start working on Monday. And if all goes well, I might be going to Hawaii with the family sometime this spring. (And might be able to visit Jhaniel!) That's got to be the best perk offered - meeting my dear many-year penpal!
Now I get to say that I'm a Mary Poppins... but where's my carpet bag and umbrella?

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely thought! Did you know the author of Mary Poppins grew up and lived in my town?

    How funny you should mention that you've been jealous of me, when every time I read your blog I feel the same about you! Your youth (I know, I'm still in my 20's but am feeling older and older after having the kids...), still living at home with your parents, the chance to pursue writing and music professionally (well, at least at college, wow), the beauty of where you live, days spent reading under quilts with cups of coffee, all those kittens, Oliver rehearsals...

    Well, the list goes on and it all sounds so wonderful, so FREE and independent, to me.
    I guess the grass is always greener, right? :)

    Thanks for your lovely comment! And I love the sound of your new job. Definitely get a carpet bag.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...