Friday 2 January 2009

Ice... is Cold

On Tuesday, we knew we'd entered a very bad cold-snap and that it would likely last a few days. 

Of course, seeing as it was -25 out, what did Theophilus and I decide we were going to do with a few friends? Well, go skating, naturally!

So, we called a couple people and at seven-thirty (quite frosted) we all met at the skating rink. Problem number one: I had not gone ice skating since I was about six, and I had bad memories of it. Problem number two: none of the girls who came had gone skating in years either. 

And Theophilus had gone several times while at college, and therefore, many girls were muttering about him show-boating on ice. After about fifteen minutes on the ice, I had it down and was having a blast. I should add that I was the least bundled-up person out there and I'm usually the one who is forever-cold. 

Somehow, I became the one who taught the girls how to skate. Not that it did much good when they wouldn't listen, but at least they weren't killing themselves. And you know, I only fell once, and that was when the little kids knocked me over as they were chasing each other around the rink. So, I think I did pretty good. 

When they finally kicked us off the ice (hockey players!) Theophilus and I decided to go with two friends to McDonald's for some ice cream, because we just weren't cold enough. Being Alaskans, we had the largest possible, and then acted a little crazy for the rest of the night.

It was five until midnight by the time we got home. And you know what? It was really cold. 

So cold, I didn't bother to look at the thermomater. Yeah - that's cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...