Saturday 24 January 2009

InkHeart- Dustfinger!

Today I took the kids to see InkHeart, one because it'd occupy them for an hour and a half, two because my boss suggested I take them to a movie, and three because... well, I really wanted to see how they did on it.It wasn't the book. But I liked it anyways. Dustfinger (Bettany) was amazing. Farid was also good, as were the other characters. I couldn't get over the mental image that Gollum was playing Capricorn, the bad guy. But other than that, the characters were fairly well cast. So, Meggie was older than she should have been, but still, she did a good job.
I probably would have minded the changes more if it hadn't been for Bettany's job as Dustfinger. He saved every change. So, yes, Jhaniel, you can watch it without fear.
As we walked out, I saw the movie poster and thought how nice it'd look on my wall. :) Yes, I have room. Or I should say, I'll make room on my picture wall. So I asked one of the girls working there if I could sign up for the drawings they usually hold at the end of movie-runs for the posters. The tired girl looked at me, and said "Wow, you're the first person who's said please to me all day... hold on here for just a moment." She came back with a scroll and handed it to me, "I'm not supposed to tell many people, but we were sent two of these, and since you were polite... I guess you can have our extra. After all, it costs a couple dollars to sign up for the drawing..." and she wandered off, leaving me with the movie poster. Yeah, I'm happy.

3 comments:

  1. You are so amazingly lucky. Or just people are nicer up in AK. Or maybe both.

    Anyway, nice to see that you weren't seething after you saw the video, heh heh. I will now watch it without fear. And I hope the kids liked the movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both, I'm sure. :) After all, I know you, right?

    When I was looking at Dustfinger, how could I seethe? I mean, everyone was pretty good, but he was amazing - he was born Dustfinger, and has just been fooling us with this idea that he's Paul Bettany instead. :P

    And the kids loved it. The middle boy (the one who's keeping me somewhat sane) has been pretending he's either Farid or Dustfinger ever since. When I tucked him into bed, he looked up at me and whispered "do you think I'll ever get the hand-fire thing working?"

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you told him yes, lol.

    I have a theory--Dustfinger must have actually integrated into society and become an actor.

    Actually, Lathspell and I have a long-running joke about a male model in Kohl's ads; I saw him a couple years ago and screamed 'Dustfinger!' It looks like him, but a 'oh so cool and sophisticated' magazine model version. We always hunt for him in Kohl's ads now and laugh ourselves sick over him, poor chap. The joke is that 'One day, Dustfinger decided that this world ain't so bad after all . . .'

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...