Wednesday 28 January 2009

Tea and Nests

Today, a friend and I were talking, and tea came up. We both agreed that when we're feeling down, happy, tired, or energetic, there is nothing quite as wonderful for our moods as tea. And sunlight and trees, but tea is at least something that we can control somewhat. 
Now this particular friend, Kim, and I have never met, but she knows my brother, and we've become very close. As of today, she became my newest sister, and we talked about hopefully meeting one day. Fittingly, we've decided we're going to do so in a tea-shoppe somewhere in Colorado. So I realized after she got off the phone that I now have about eight people that I'm going to meet, all in places like bookstores, libraries, cafes, tea-shoppes and a park bench. (Don't ask - Mare's version of the world seems to be an interesting one...)

After we finished, I went upstairs - yes, to get tea - and ended up talking to Mum. She told me of her plans that she's been making while I was gone and she was left alone in our large, empty house. Now, with Theophilus gone, and me gone most days and leaving next fall, she is looking towards years of an empty nest. Those who know Mum can readily tell you, she's not a crafts-person. At all.
But now, she has some new ideas. If things go well, and she lets me, hopefully I'll soon have pictures of home-made soaps and candles to show you. 
And one day, I'm going to have a long post on the wonders of tea. Today can be the prologue. 

3 comments:

  1. What is your favourite tea?
    Mine is peppermint. No, green. No- green with vanilla. Oh, there's just too many to choose from! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good authentic British tea, mmmmm . . .
    English breakfast tea, Earl Grey. Yummy.
    I love how so much of your character is evident simply by the places where you plan to meet with friends, ha. I know which one I was on the list ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saminda: I have no definite favourite tea. It's always changing, depending on my mood.

    Jhaniel: Earl Grey is amazing. Puts me to sleep like nothing else. I'm glad you know where we're going to meet. :) And yes, I suppose my personality is reflected in how I behave. ^_^

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...