Monday 26 January 2009

Sleepless Soup-Lady Strikes Again

Yeah, I'm still at work while I write this, though I should be home now... let me tell you... I'm really wanting to go. I'm ready for my five days of not being home to end. Plus, the kids have problems staying in bed, and the animals are all nocturnal, so it's not like I've been getting more than about four or five hours of sleep, on my two good nights. 
Since I'm perennially cold, I decided to make soup again. And I wasn't feel too great, and wanted something that would make me feel better. I found some cans of chicken broth, and then some canned chicken. (I had no idea that they canned chicken - or that people bought them that way... urgh) However, I didn't have the ingredients I would have normally used for chicken soup and so I searched around for a recipe that didn't call for onions, celery or carrots. (I didn't get those at the store the other day because I wasn't intending on making more soup, and I didn't want them to go to waste if my boss didn't use them right away.) Finally I found one, a cheesey chicken soup. I gave it a go, and of course added a dozen or so herbs for good measure. 
I think this was the first time I've ever added flour to a soup. But it turned out well, and the kids loved it. We ended with the oldest eating two bowls (sucess! he hates eating), the middle boy eating five bowls, and the little girl eating one and a half (one over her average). Somehow, I managed to have broth. :) Okay, so I ended up adding about three cups of milk... And I only grew one pot larger. Yeah, I know, I started in one of the largest pots I could find... That doesn't matter. 
However, all I could think about was my nice hard bed waiting for me at home. The one I won't be seeing for a while more because of plane-delays. Oh well... I have tea here to keep me comfort. 

1 comment:

  1. THankyou for the lovely comments on my blog today- you blessed me! :)

    Yes, home truly is the nicest place. Hope you get home soon!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...