Thursday 4 March 2010

Packages Sent and Sun Sighted

I just got back from the postal office. All ten boxes are now sent, and on their way to Alaska. It wasn't cheap, but it was better than anything else by nearly $300. I'm glad that it is over now and all I have to do is think about flying home on Tuesday. And I have all that packed as well.

It's finally sunny here in New York again. It does wonders for me to see the sun. My mubble-fubbles are starting to lift, and I think that has a lot to do with the beauty of blue skies and golden sunshine. I've missed that over the last month when I've only seen the sun for a few hours here and there.

For now, I have knitting and tea and rest. Then Monday, I can put the last things in my suitcase, to leave at 4 AM on Tuesday. It's almost here. And I think I'm almost ready. When I get home, I can get about loading photos, and catching up on life in Alaska.

And for today, well, I'll just enjoy the thought that I can wear sandals and drink tea. Without anyone thinking that I have a mental disease because I have no socks on...

3 comments:

  1. Please oh please teach me to knit Laura? How can we arrange this....? Hmmm. I have Saraya begging me to teach her and I don't know how! :( So glad you're nearly ready to head home. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to come down and teach you to knit! Unfortunately, that is going to take some time. If you want, I could do a post about knitting, with some really helpful links and stuff. And I could send you names of books and yarns and stuff that would help you get started. I know how much fun it is to knit, and was about Saraya's age when I first learned. :) Also, it helps if you know someone who knits, so when you're beginning, you can show them to make sure you're doing it right. :) I hope you can learn! It's so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just typed you a long comment which has now vanished.... :(
    I basically said a post would be great but no pressure! And I'll ask around town to see if anyone here can give me some starter tips. :)
    Oh, and any time you're ready to come on down to Aus, we'll be ready for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...