Saturday 13 March 2010

My Eleven Year Project (And Counting)

My foot never did start to feel right today. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. And I got a lot of rest time on the couch, listening to country music (don't look at me like that!), drinking coffee, and having fun with loading photos. I kinda snitched my dad's computer, since it likes loading photos more than the Old Comp.

I read blogs, talked to friends. I got inspired by creative people who let me peek into their lives. I have all sorts of ideas for further knitting. Unfortunately, my knitting needles and yarns are all in transit right now, so I can't really begin on any new projects until they come in. (Should be in on Monday...)

And yes, I worked on embroidery again today. It's not really my thing. I don't know. Tons of tiny little stitches, to make something which I don't know if I'll use. But it's pretty. Hm. Maybe I like knitting 'cause I know it's going to be used. So much more homey and fun. And I go a lot faster when I knit than when I finally pick up the needle to work on my cross-stitch project I started when I was eight. Eleven years, it sat with only a bit of green border, but even that green part wasn't finished. Until I watched Firefly with Mum last night. And I worked on the pink centres to the hearts. For the first time ever, I'm actually getting somewhere on this.

Stitches of Love

If I take after my mother, as I seem to do in the area of embroidery, I may just have this finished by the time I get married...

3 comments:

  1. I have a quilt I started in 1986 and finished in 2000. It's doll sized. :) Keep at it,Linden dear, it will be a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE embroidery! Your cross-stitch looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie- but you don't understand... this is a sampler. It will never be used for anything. So, I have a hard time motivating myself. I like to make usable objects.

    Jhaniel- well, someone has to like it. I know it's pretty, but I wish it was functional. I know it's cute too. Maybe I'll send it to you...

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...