Thursday 25 March 2010

Carnations on the Table

Vase of Colours
Earlier this week, my mother bought these beautiful flowers for our table. And today, I finally got around to photographing them, along with a few other things around the house which I'll likely post tomorrow.

Melancholy Crimson
If that's not just one of the loveliest shades of red I've ever seen. I love carnations, and not just because they're practically the Lutheran flower of choice. Look at the pinked edging. Such daintiness, in such hardiness.

Vintage Carnation
Carnations also have this lovely vintage charm. They just speak gentle archaic romance and sweetness. Rather like something lightly sugared and just right for a reading-day snack. Or maybe it's just that I think that pressing carnations sounds like a lovely idea right now.

Bright Pink
And don't those bright colours just call out to you, calling to your sense of beauty and love of wonder? They do to me! And I'm not even the greatest fan of pink. But pink carnations can win me over any day.

Gentle Enfolding Pink
Especially if they're just beginning to open up...

2 comments:

  1. The pictures were lovely - yes, I love carnations. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading! Aren't carnations just lovely?

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...