Wednesday 3 March 2010

All Boxed Up

Well, as of today, all my packing is done. Ten boxes to be shipped from me to me, carrying most of what I own in this world, it seems. I can't believe it all fits in ten boxes. I can't believe how much there is. (Albeit, there are mugs, teapots, and sundry in there, so it's not just clothes. And a good deal of books.)

Grandad and I spent a good deal of today sealing and labeling the boxes. And of course, there was discussion on how to get them home, which meant phone calls to my parents. At last though, everything looks like it's coming together, and I can let out a sigh of relief. Some stress went out of my life when the last box was done. I still have to ship them tomorrow, which shall be another adventure. But things are becoming final. I'm almost home.

I don't like packing. But now, I can sit back and know that I don't have to redo it all over again in the morning. It's finished. I can pick up the pieces of my life here and go home to sort them out and put things back together again. I can heal, and I can rest, and I can live. I'm going home, with the world's two most amazing parents who love me and are there for me as I am going through all of this. (Including early morning calls since the time difference is a difficulty here.)

And as of this afternoon, I found that when I get home, I have my job at the greenhouse waiting for me. The Lord is good indeed. Thank you all for your prayers as I continue on home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...