Thursday 18 March 2010

Huzzah for Halleymarie

So, I wrote last summer about how much I hated the word goodbye after helping a long-time family friend and her family move to Vermont. Well, she actually came back in the fall to go to school here, right after I left to go to New York and HC. So, it's been since last June since I saw her.

I didn't go to work today due to the strenuous work I did yesterday causing some back issues to flare up. (I'm hoping I'll be right again in the morning.) I called her up, and she came over this afternoon.

I'd missed her company so much. It was wonderful to just sit and chat and see how our life has gone the last nine months, and how much we've missed. Even though we stayed somewhat connected via email and facebook, it's not the same as face to face, or even letter, communication. And I got to give her some needles and yarn, which made me happy.

And while she was here, the last of my boxes arrived, and with it, most of those needles that I thought I'd lost for good. Sure, I still ended up losing about five or six sets of needles, but at least it wasn't a dozen or so that I lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...