Wednesday 17 March 2010

How I Nearly Missed Saint Patrick's Day

I didn't even know that today was Saint Patrick's until late in the day. I wondered at all the people coming into the greenhouse wearing green. My boss and coworkers all wore green. My mind didn't put it together. Even though they were playing celtic music all day.

My mind was on the five hours of vacuuming that I did. The hundreds of pounds of epsom salts that I bagged. The driving over to K-Town to visit a friend who is soon leaving our area. And the still missing knitting needles.

However, when I did get to K-Town for the church service, and saw all the green and the American version of Irish stuff (including the Irish Tenors...) I suddenly realised exactly what day today was. It made all the soreness and aching feet worth it.

And when I got home, I got to take a lovely, long, hot, lavender scented epsom salts bath.

Life doesn't get much better than that, now does it?

2 comments:

  1. Well. . . there could be more corned beef and cabbage. . . ;) But yes, it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! I'm glad you didn't miss it - I guess there is supposed to be a lot of fuss about it over here, but I didn't see much (although that could have been just because I wasn't in the bars late at night ...).Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...