Saturday 20 March 2010

Knits, Aches, and Plans

Since Wednesday, I haven't been able to work due to messing up my back through the physical demandingness of my job. I'm hoping it'll be better by Monday and I can return. However, I'd appreciate prayers about other job possibilities as well.

And I cast on for a hat yesterday, and got about halfway before realising that I have too little of that particular yarn to finish the hat. I'd get to about an inch to the centre or so and run out, so I'll have to figure out another project with it. Perhaps a much smaller version of the same hat. Like, two or three inches less around the brim and it may work. I'll mess about with it as I have time and inspiration. But I hate to rip out all those stitches I put in yesterday. At least I was only one day into it, and stopped when I realised that the yarn wouldn't last.

Whenever I do finish, I'll post photos of the beautiful yarn. I really just got the yarn because it was too lovely to pass up. I'm sure anyone who likes working with yarn would agree.

Also yesterday, I had a delightful dinner with a Mama-Moose and her family, then a long chat afterwards, to get home around midnight. (Whoops! I didn't think I'd be out that late!) Today, I think I shall put away the last of my packages/clothes, then fill out applications and update my resume, and see how I'm feeling at the end of all of that. I might attempt a walk later if it warms up, but only if my body decides to comply with my wishes. It doesn't alway quite get along with my ideas, but I'm hoping after the last two days of resting, it'll be okay.

And then tonight, I'm getting together with friends for a game night, I believe, which will be fantastic. I'd also like to perhaps get together with my dear Halleymarie again.

1 comment:

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...