Thursday 2 April 2009

Looking Back (Belle)

I downloaded all my files off my computer yesterday, after condensing most of them. So, now my computer has nearly nothing on it- we are giving it back to the program which we were in while I was in school. But I couldn't help but drift a little in my memories as I went through file after file of photos from the last two years.

We had some crazy good times...

I miss my Princess... who will be seven in June.

I remember making her and Tink matching pink 1950's aprons. Pink was nice, the flowers were cute- but as Belle said "Polka dots are still the ultimate in adorable."

Sometimes, the waits in Sherwood were long, but we made them anything but boring. I bet there's some fossilized pretzel hiding in there somewhere.

We never had warm days on the beach, but that didn't stop us from having fun days on the beach- much more important, if you ask me!

And there was always sisters to make life interesting! Tink was my little Boo... the Sunshine Stormcloud.

But some days, we had enough warm weather to sit outside, on the deck, and eat peanuts.

Slowly, all my files disappeared. But my memories are all still there. And this photo always reminds me to smile.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Linden, those are beautiful memories! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, thank you!!! I need to work on the links... I can't see them, so I'm sure you can't!!! Grr.... *goes off to change the font colour*
    But yes, it's been seven months since they were here. So I'm starting to be able to think about them without crying. Well- with the exception of when I hear some of their favourite songs. (Which is one of reasons I was crying at your church...)
    ~Linden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. :) I bet you do miss them. So sad, yet so brave of your family to care for these precious children.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...