Monday 13 April 2009

'Sushush

Today, when I went to the library, there was this little girl with a halo of wispy blond hair watching me. I gave her a little smile and then got back to reading how to make the Arabic letters over again. (I'm getting to be a perfectionist, I think.)
Then I felt this tugging at my sleeve. "Yes?" I whispered, looking up the see the little girl.
"Sushush. Can you help me?"
"Sure... what?"
"I need to put these books away, and I want a story about a moo-cow."
I walked her over to the kids' section, set the books away and gave her a couple of "cow" books. As I sat down, she scrambled up next to me. "Will you read them to me?"
"Okay..." I read them very quietly to her... she smiled so sweetly. At the end, she thanked me, and told me that her name was Brooklyn Jean. And she was three. And she liked cows. And I was pretty and what was it that I was writing? Did I have sisters to read to at home?
"Oh!!! There you are Brooklyn Jean! I'm sorry if she's been bothering you...." a woman interupted.
I assured her that there was no problem, and they both started to leave.
"Bye!!!" Brooklyn Jean waved at me...
"Bye!" I waved.
"Remember though, 'Sushush! This is a library!"
Looks like someone took over my post as the library-susher.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever you say, Shushuh.

    *runs away while whooping with laughter*

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds much more sweet and endearing than the library shusher by my place *shudders*

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...