Tuesday 21 April 2009

Italian Sodas

Today, I celebrated the coming of real spring and warm weather.

I went to Kaladi's and bought myself a cherry Italian Soda and drank it outside in the sunshine! It was the first Italian Soda of the season, and I'm very happy with how it tasted just as good as my memory of August's last Italian thought it was. The sun was glorious. My face was really warm, and I might start getting rid of my blinding white skin.

However, I spent my evening at the high-school, playing for a mid-school mass choir concert. Surprisingly, it went much better than most Junior and Senior School concerts. The guest conductor was amazing, even if we did amaze him at the talent instrumentalists in Alaska actually possess. It got me thinking... eighth grade, for me, ended five years ago. It's funny all the things that have changed in such little time.

Of course, my love of things staying the same reassured me. At least Italian Sodas have remained the same delicious, sweet, highly-caffeinated things they were when I was thirteen.

3 comments:

  1. How are italian sodas made at Kaladi's? Because the ones I'm used to don't have that much caffeine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a Loreena Mckennit newsletter thingy for her tour in Canada, and it struck me - you're right there!!! Oh my goodness! You could go! Please, may I come too?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andromanche: Um... you can ask for shots to be put in them. Or, you can have them plain. I asked for a shot yesterday.

    Saminda: I'm not sure where she's going, but the part of Alaska I live in is FAR away from Canada. It'd take me a while to drive even to the border... and if it's when I'll be in NY, I'll probably not have a method of driving... which is sad. *sniffles* Otherwise, yes, you could!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...