Monday 16 June 2008

A Birthday For Belle


I curled Belle's hair for her special day, and in her yellow Sunday dress, she looked just like the little princess she is!


The day before, I made the cake. Belle helped me decorate it, which included about half an inch of chocolate icing and then lots of non-pariels shaken liberally over the surface. It was delicious.



The lady-bug present came from the Nurses' offices, and the little red package was from me. Yes, she got to eat off the purple pansy plate: it makes everything taste better. I'm thinking of making her a denim skirt with that lady-bug sewn onto it. It would go with some large, crazy-daisy designs, don't you think?



Of course, it wasn't strictly speaking a High Tea, but we had tea, and biscuits. And who could refuse chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream to boot?



Yes, don't I look quite festive with Belle's ribbons strung through my hair? I think I should look like this everytime I'm stressed, and so people will have warnings prior to my biting heads off. Not that I did, or at least, I'm really, really, really trying to control my temper when I'm stressed and tired.


All in all, Sunday was a lovely day for Belle and her birthday. I think it must've been a good Father's Day too - what could be better than having six kids at the table with you to make you feel very Daddy-like! I love you Dad. I love you Belle.

2 comments:

  1. A denim ladybug skirt would be really cute, and yeah, I think daisies would be lovely to go with it, though maybe not too big, so as to not take the focus away from the ladybug! And Belle's hair is so pretty curled.

    The cake looks fantastic. As do you with your hair full of ribbons ;) Whenever I have a birthday I stick all the ribbons and bows in my hair, and walk around like that all day. It's fun.

    I like the new picture you have as your banner, btw. Very lovely.

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I see what you mean about not making the daisies too large. But Belle suggested giving them smilies, which mightn't be a bad idea. And the ladybug is quite large, about eight or nine inches in length! So don't worry about detracting from that!

    Yes, the cake was quite popular, as chocolate usually is. And I think the key was Belle's wonderful non-pariel deco. (As with my post a few weeks ago, I'm very weak when offered non-pariels.)

    I generally don't get ribbons and bows on birthdays or Christmas, and usually my cat gets them before I do. But I got to Belle's ribbon while my kitty was sleeping, and went around with it for several hours. I think it was fitting apparel. Oh, and now Belle's wearing it sometimes. (Yes, we still have it around!)

    Thanks on the banner, it seemed to go well, and Belle liked it better. She says it's the gate to the Professor's house.

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...