Thursday 5 June 2008

Over The Hills To Hippie-Town

My grandparents left to go home on Tuesday, but we found out before that my Grandfather had never been to Troy, a town almost two hours drive away. I go there regularly, with my orchestras, but my parents decided we needed to go again so that Grandad could see it.

Now Troy is quite the hippie town, where everyone is free to be. (Most of them are crazy, if you ask Theophilus.) We know some really nice people down there, but also some rather creepy people, due to the nature of Troy's spirituality. I can't really decide what I think of Troy, there are parts I like (the really artistic nature of many of the people down there) but then I remember a trip I made down there once which has caused nightmares for over a year and a half.

We spent a long time down on the little peninsula which juts out from Troy, where all their touristy shops are, and visited many of the open shops. Some I was quite glad to get away from, because of the atmosphere, and others I lingered in. I ran into a few people I knew, but for the most part, it was just chilly, rainy and rather miserable. (If I hadn't been thinking of my book in the Sherwood, I doubt it would have been so bad.) Theophilus, Dad and Grandad had gone to another place to get supplies for Dad's fishes. When they got back, I was very happy to get back into my seat and into my book (one of the Chronicles of Narnia, The Horse and His Boy, I believe). Mum suggested that we go to the chocolate factory, and no one was really against the idea. Each of us was allowed to get a little bit of something, as the chocolate factory is really quite expensive.

I got a few blueberry truffles, and then some non-periels, which are some of my favourites.

And then, there were rock-candy sticks... and cherry is really quite nice. I thought of getting blueberry, but as my truffles were already blueberry, and Harrison got one of those as well, I choose cherry.

Apparently Lance got some sort of marshmallow stick dipped in chocolate. Theophilus got some chai-flavoured truffles, which he let me have a taste, which was nice of him.

To top the day, when we were driving home, we got to pay a little visit to some former foster kids. Norwood's growing his hair out, which is actually kinda cute, though he'd be very upset if I told him so. I ended up having a child on my back or in my arms for most of the visit.
It was the perfect end of a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...