Friday 6 June 2008

First Cobbler of the Season

Several years ago, I was trying out various recipes in some books Mum bought me, and stumbled across one for a fruit cobbler. I tried it, and it became an instant success. Over time, I've tweaked and played with it. Proudly, I can say that no two cobblers have been alike. The way that my family likes it best is with rhubarb and a little of some other sort of fruit. Usually I use raspberry, but it depends on the time of year and what I have available to me.
I have to wait until there's enough rhubarb to make the dish, and so today, I realized that there was just enough young, tender stalks of rhubarb and Mum suggested I make it.
Since I ended up using strawberries, I cut the sugar in half. (Don't tell Harrison, he's very partial to every granule of the stuff he can get!)
This is right before I stuck it in the oven. I think that Harrison was a little skeptical when I doused it in water and cut out most of the sugar. Doesn't it look ready to eat?

P.S. The pictures are all mine, except for the first one, which Theophilus took of me. (No, I'm not seasick, he just decided to take it half-sideways.)

1 comment:

  1. Aah, I haven't had rhubarb crumbler in ages! We used to make it in England, when we had a little plot of garden at Wolfson.

    It looks really good. I hope it tasted splendiferous as well?

    (And btw--I love your new banner. Tolkien may be my first love, but Lewis is a definite close second. And for the record, I like both the films.)

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...