Wednesday 25 June 2008

Six More Months!

Do you realise that it is six more months until my favourite day of the year? That's right: Christmas is coming! I know, most people will get depressed because it means winter, and all that. But actually, I like Winter, and snow, and Christmas is just simply the loveliest time of the year. At least, I think so.
I suppose I shall have to start thinking about what I shall make or buy for everyone, and in my family, that's always seeming to be a very long list. (And every year, it gets longer!) I also am looking forward to baking Christmas cookies. That activity always makes the house smell delightful, and perhaps this year, (even though Theophilus will be gone) I can get Lance or Harrison to help make a gingerbread house. Theophilus used to be the master of the gingerbread house, but since this may be the last Christmas he spends with us until after he's done with college, I'm not sure if he'll be doing a house.Anyways, Christmas is coming, it's right around the corner, and that means another bout of reading Narnia and Middle-Earth. Merry half-way to Christmas Day!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I nearly forgot today's the half-Christmas day, but remembered on the way home from dance class. Of course that meant I started singing Christmas carols at the top of my lungs! It's a tradition that goes way back with me.

    And what Christmas carols, you might ask? Well, my favorites!--O Come O Come Emmanuel, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, and Good Christian Men Rejoice.

    A very Merry Half-Christmas to thee, milady!

    -Jhaniel

    PS-I know! One of the greatest joys of Christmas and such holidays are the extra reading time they give :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...