Tuesday 17 June 2008

An Afternoon's Tea


Belle decided that today was a pearl day, so she wore the pearl and crystal necklace that I gave her for her birthday, and I wore the matching earrings and this vintage fifties necklace which my great-grandmother left to me. I think it goes well with my sundress... don't you?


Today, my dear friend Leah and her mother came to visit us. A few days ago, we discovered that we both shared a love of tea and teaparties. I promised her that sometime, we would have one together.

I love the fact that Leah's much more photogenic than I am. But that didn't stop her from taking a picture of me...


So this afternoon when she came, we decided that we were going to have a teaparty, however informal. She and her mother had brought us banana bread and I had some biscuits left from before, so it was easy to put together.

Then, as her mother shares Mum's love of India, Mum brought out some of our sari-material skirts, and some of her scarfs. We had fun dressing Leah up, and though she made faces at me, I got some good pictures anyways!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have a stash of necklaces from my great grandmother as well--I think I was wearing one in the Easter pic I sent you? I'm really enjoying reading all your entries about tea parties and High Teas (capitalized, of course). I'm a tea-drinker myself, because I don't like coffee. And my dad's like me. He's got a british news article up at his workplace about the proper etiquette of tea drinking.

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two or three boxes of jewellery from mine. It's so wonderful, since they're all very much like the styles I like from the thirties, forties and fifties. (Of course, some I don't wear out in public, but many are still in very excellent condition.)
    Yes, I believe I remember which necklace you mean. I think I have one similar, though not precisely the same.
    Well, I tend to have teaparties as often as I can, and High Teas are delightful. (Yes, capitalisation is necessary.) You should send me that article. It'd be so much fun for Mum and I to read that. I drink coffee, only from the fact that my dad makes a decent cup. But at the coffee-shops, I drink teas, Italian sodas, and chai. Perhaps I should call it the tea-shop.

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...