Monday 9 June 2008

A Sunday Drive

Yesterday, Theophilus and I went out to church at Laughing Creek, where I'm the pianist for the summer. The ride out wasn't that spectacular, as I was probably too tired to enjoy it much.

But when we were heading back to Naptowne, the sun was out, and the road is very much like any country road: trees overhanging and then opening up to views of the mountians and such.

The sun shone on the newly green leaves, and I wished that I'd taken a picture. One could just imagine that the trees were dancing with each other. I told Theophilus that I thought they might be dryads. Being Theophilus, he just smiled. He's not exactly the imaginative type, but he's grown used to my oddness.

I do love Sunday drives, but the best are when I see dryads in our trees. Oh, and they were birch and aspen.

1 comment:

  1. Birches are one of the most lovely tree species in existence. Alongside willows, of course. Good for you on glimpsing the dryads.

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...