Wednesday 11 June 2008

Summer Time, And The Livin' Is Easy

You could have called this "A Day In The Sun" but Mum loves "Summer Time". It was nearly eighty in the sun, I believe, and that's quite warm for Naptowne in summer. Poor Tink wasn't feeling well, and threw up most of the morning, but she felt well enough to set on our deck swing.


Belle and I went for a walk, she called it the purple flip-flop march. Later, I made us both some shaved ice - apple flavoured - and we pretended that it was cordial.

I am very pale, and Mum wanted me to stay in the sun so that I could get a little tanned, although I was not very excited about the idea.


I couldn't resist cooling myself down with the cold cordial...

And the sun also melted my shaved ice. But it made very good juice, mixed with ginger ale which I *borrowed* from Tink.


And here are the pale Alaska girl legs... it's a confusing jumble, but there are three pairs: all pale as the others!

Here's to warmth in Alaska and days in the sun!

P.S. The picture of me was taken by my mother. Since Monday, it's gone grey and cloudy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...