Wednesday 4 June 2008

High Tea With The Whole Family

Being an Anglophile as I am, my Mum taught me when I was little what High Teas were like. She first experienced them when she was in Asia. And I wanted them since I was five and had read all about Mr. Tumnus taking Lucy to tea.
When we were in Seward, at the Russian store, we were given a bar of Russian chocolate. Dad has also been giving my Mum a tea-set from Russia: it is very expensive but very pretty. So we decided that we needed to have a High-Tea, of sorts, on Sunday afternoon, with the whole family present.

First, you start with a large pot of tea.

And cucumber sandwiches never go amiss.

Chocolate is a good idea, but not too often, you understand.

Then you have your cup of tea, with slight sugar, and cream. And remember not to be rough, this is a very proper High-Tea, you know.

And who could say no to a delightful little plate of cucumber sandwich, a morsel of chocolate, and a plain biscuit and a lemon-curd covered biscuit? Certainly not I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...