Tuesday 23 September 2008

Tired, Happy, Confused, At Peace

It has been a long weekend which seemed to never end and included staying up late to look at colleges and then all the information I read blurred together. So I had to read things three or four times and have Mum write things down with all the colleges on seperate peices of paper. The only problem is that when my eyes are tired, I can not read my mother's handwriting. So I'm going to say sorry right now for all the times she had to repeat herself. That weekend was followed by Monday - two personal lessons, two lessons to give, and community orchestra. And of course, my back had to start spasming in the middle of giving lessons, which apparently was due to weather. (Or so says Mellisa, who had the same problem.) Needless to say, it's only Tuesday and I am exhausted.
But I am happy, because I have something to look forward to, a new challenge in life. I like working towards goals and defeating obstacles. And visiting colleges means I get to travel around the country. Travelling is a lot of fun for me and even though airflights exhaust me, I find it a lot of fun to be in airports and planes and buses and cars... just going places. And then crashing in bed when I get wherever I'm going. Also, I'm extremely excited that I'll probably get to travel to Britain for a semester study whilst in college.
Also, since I'm not sure of which college to choose or what pieces to play where or who to talk to for more information, I lay in bed at night, worrying about the future. I hate things being up in the air and not knowing what I'm going to do just eight months from now. Also, the cost numbers run together so badly in my head (I'm no mathematician) that I become befuddled very quickly. I'm not quite sure until Mum tells me whether or not I can actually afford to attend some colleges on my list of potentials. Although I don't like being confused, it's pretty much a certain state of mind for me right now, so I'll live with that.
But I am at peace, above all. I know that God will lead me in the decision process. He got through to me (I have a remarkably thick skull) and He's in charge of the rest. Even if I'm confused, He'll give me the grace to deal with that and finally understand what all the numbers mean and decide where I'm supposed to go (pretty sure He's had that one planned already), He's the one who is giving me the joy that I feel about all this applying, and He can allow me that "perfect rest" which He knows I need.
Trust me, it's only through Him that I'd have the patience to fill out all those question-thingies on the applications. Thanks to everyone for the prayers, for my sanity and otherwise!

Cheers for now ~ Laura

Now here's something to listen to, a lovely song perform by two wonderful musicians.

3 comments:

  1. Keep trusting - He has it all in His hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, Laura. Everything will turn out great, and just keep trusting Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you Laura. Good luck with finding a college.

    Gabriela E

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...