Friday 19 September 2008

Thank God It's Friday

I already wrote this post, and then my internet went down and I lost it all. So here goes my attempt to rewrite most of it.

I've heard a lot of my college friends saying "Thank God it's Friday" this past month, and I decided to adopt it for my own this week. There are, of course, the normal reasons. Friday is the last I day that I work during the week. I love the peace, the chance to relax, the rest I can have on weekends. It's my time to walk around my neighbourhood, read, write, play music, bake or do something without worrying about going somewhere. My weekends are free, and I like them that way.

But for the past two weeks, I've been looking forward to this Friday, eagerly and worriedly. Because this morning, I had my first ever official, professional job interview. I felt like a child being promised a trip to the ice cream shop. (Which is, coincedently, just around the corner from where the job's at, along with the library and the craft store. What luck!)

And what job had me so excited? Well, being a receptionist at a midwifery actually. I was really a little nervous when I walked in, after praying all the drive into town for the meeting to go well. And it did. She and I had actually met before, which neither of us knew when we set up the interview via the telephone. Also, it helped that I actually knew the name of the business that she ran and what she did. I was informed that I was the first person she'd talked to that knew what a midwife does, as her other applicants so far had thought it was another form of early childhood education.

I'll find out next week sometime whether or not I got the job. I am just so happy that it went well and I didn't blunder my way through it. Oh, and I also got to ask her some questions I had about the use of herbs during labor. On the whole, it was a very profitable day.

All the same, thank God it's Friday and there's absolutely nothing I need to do tomorrow. Except for clean. And I like that. (Usually.)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Be sure and post ASAP when you find out if you got it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Job interviews . . . the thought of college interviews make me nervous enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what a midwife does! :) Did you get the job?

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...