Tuesday 2 September 2008

Canoeing With Halleymarie

"Are you ready for the adventure on the lake? Er. Pond. Lilly pad pond. I like to think of it as Lily Lake. That's the pretty title. Or, we can can call it the glorified puddle."

"There's a snack-shack on this puddle/pond! Let's get us some hot-dogs!"
Unfortunately, the snack-shack was boarded up, so we didn't get our hotdogs. Or anything else. I guess we came too late in season for the summer business.

Here's a shot of the closed-up oven, and the door. The door had some interesting wood-burnings on the panels. I think the top two are a miner and then a lake scene; the second panels have a cabin under the Aurora Borealis and then a moose (of course... this is Alaska!); the third level shows a walrus and then an Eskimo ice fishing (or something like that).

And here is Mr. Loon. The craziest waterfowl I've ever had the opportunity to meet. Let's just say, I doubt I'm ever going to row around a lake/pond again just to get pictures of a bird again: they just follow you around for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Laura, this is absolutely stunning!! I only dream of seeing places like this one day. Is this near to where you live? It is just so beautiful. The trees, the clear skies..... :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...