Saturday 6 September 2008

On Board the Trolley

After several questions on the subject of my family, I thought I'd finally get around to answering the recurring one: who is actually in your family and who are fostered?

Here's the basics: Mum and Dad have two biological children, Theophilus and me. For medical reasons, my mother is unable to have more children, whether my parents wanted more or not. Then, three years and one month ago, we were asked to take a German exchange student. We said yes. So for a year, Schokolade lived with us. Following that, we took two exchange students, Panda and Jojo. The first was from Thailand, and the second from Germany. Jojo lasted nine weeks with us, but then left to live with another family, and Panda stayed for the rest of the year.
In March of the year with Panda, we took four foster girls: Annastasia, Nympha, Belle, and Tink. A few months later, we took their brothers, Henry and Norwood. The following August, we took Jenni from Finland. Over the fall, the two foster boys and the two eldest of the girls went back to their mother. In December, Jenni left us, and the two little girls left us as well.
For a while in January and February, we had a little boy, but he was sent up to Anchorage for special treatment. Then right as I began blogging, we began intregrating Lance and Harrison in from another foster family. In June, we got Belle and Tink back, and then Theophilus left us a few weeks ago.
So, currently, our family is just four foster kids, plus me and my parents. I hope this clears up the questions and doesn't create more!

5 comments:

  1. Dude. You think up the longest names for your family. Norwood? Norwood? I'm not sure there was much he could've done to deserve that one. Although, I've got to admit that assigning Tim something...interesting...is a great temptation for me..."then my little brother Hyacinth decided to yank the keyboard out from under my fingers..." Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think I came up with all of these? Honestly girl! Theophilus and Norwood were chosen by the recipients. The only ones that I choose names for were Panda, Shocolade, Tink, Belle, and Lance. The rest chose their own names!
    Oh, and if Tim hears that you called him Hyacinth, he just might be forced to show you some sibling affection. So I'd be careful, if I were you. But, as we've proven time and time again, YOU are not me, and I most certain am not YOU.
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. He chose Norwood? What was he thinking? Theophilus...well...that's something I can see him doing. Heck, I'd probably pick something along those lines if I were in his shoes. (Andromanche anyone? Although, his actually means something, but still.)

    Boys.
    But we love 'em anyways. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing, Laura. What a facinating family life you have led! How nice to grow up with such hospitality modeled for you- your parents surely have big hearts.
    I have to admit, I was wondering if Theophilus was your brother's real name........... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Laura,
    You sure summed our family uh... you know, better than I could have. Later meine schwester

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...