Wednesday 2 July 2008

Yesterday's Poetry

When I started this blog, it was after a long time of wanting one. I, of course, had a few purposes in mind.

  • For letting my friends know what I was up to.
  • For putting my photography online.
  • For posting some of my creative writings.
  • For hopefully inspiring others as certain blogs had inspired me.

Yesterday, I wrote several poems. I think I was majorly inspired by Rivka Rebekah Tzedeqiel. (Perhaps I should settle on just one name to call her.)
This post is the first really of the third reason for my blog, which I find rather funny: it was my first reason that I had for getting a blog, yet I’ve been too busy with the little day-to-day things to actually show any of my creative writings yet!


What They Say
They say "The sun will
Come out tomorrow."
But their promise
Never comes through.
They say "Life goes on
And you get over it."
Yet how can I
When memories come
Before me always
When the night
Is still young...

Awake, My Trees
Come on, you trees
Come awake tonight.
I hear your whispering
Trying to come alive.
Let what lies within
Come out now to me.
Dance with me
In the forest fair
With night's softest
Silver wind upon us
And the sky still
Light in the West.
Moon's weak beam
Granting us her own
Serene - mundane - magic.
So come to life
Awake, my lovely trees.

Land-Song
The song of the land
Is that of her people.
Birds high in the trees,
And men swinging axes
Taming the restless wild
Rushing - frothing - waters.
And the land has meadows
Where still man has not
Come for settling but
Onlyl to sit and stare
Awhile till night is nigh.
The land sings a song
Which is all its own.
Stop a while in silence
And you will hear her tune.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. I majorly inspired you? Well, I'm glad to be of service. Inspiration good. Writer's block bad. Pardon the random Tarzanese. (Does this mean that I get more cookies? *cough*)

    You can call me Rebekah, since you know my real name. Or Rebekah Tzedeqiel, if you really want to. "Rivka" is just kind of my special blog-commenting name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful--the second reminds me of a line of Lucy's in the PC film, you probably know which one. But I have to say I like the third one the best. Very pretty and heartfelt.

    Nice to see new LindenWriting!

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...