Friday 4 July 2008

I Have A Mini-Me

Today, I was up in the kitchen, doing the dishes all by myself. Some background on my habits: when I blog, I usually set myself up somewhere where there aren't too many people around. Then I have a cup of coffee nearby, and begin to type and then load pictures. (During that step, I'm usually humming "Homeward Bound" to myself.)

A while ago, Theophilus made Tink a 'tap-top' so that when the rest of us were on laptops, she could have one too. Well, now the girls share the laptop (an ex-box covered in duct-tape). When the girls first came to us, over a year ago, they had no imagination. It was so weird for me, but slowly we worked on them learning how to play. When we got them back, it seemed like all our work was undone. But as Mum says, you learn to play by imitating grown-ups in your life. I always thought that meant her and Dad.

As I was doing the dishes, I was listening to the iPod, but then I heard someone behind me. It was Belle. She asked for her cup of coffee which Mum had said she could have. After I made it up for her, I watched with interest as she took the cup over to the table.

Belle set the cup down next to the laptop, and opened it. Sighing, she began to act like she was typing. Curious, I asked her what she was doing. She smiled, took a sip of her coffee and said: "I'm blogging again. Silly computer takes so long to load." Um, wasn't that what I said last night when I was trying to get blogger to work?

I smiled at her, "So you have a blog?"

"Yep. It's called Belle's Blog. I write on it every day except for Sundays, mostly." She stared at the 'computer' and took another sip of coffee. "Oh, it's so slow when I'm trying to load photos."

I know for a fact that she has a pretend camera, so I assumed that's where she got them from. "What are you blogging about, and what photos are you using?"

"Oh, I'm blogging about biscadoodles and Theophilus cutting down the trees. So I took some pictures of your biscadoodles and of him out there with the trees. See?" She turned the computer so that I could see.

"Yep. That's a nice post." I said.

"Okay, well, I'm done blogging for today, I'll do another one tomorrow!" She shut the computer, drank the last of her coffee and pranced off.

Looks like I'm no longer the only blogger in my family. I have a mini-me blogger Belle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...