Thursday 3 July 2008

Biscadoodles

So, I decided to make more snickerdoodles today. And usually, they are wonderful, and just like ones you see in magazines. But I did something wrong. I don't know what. I did it just the same as always.

And they flopped. Well, I thought they flopped. The dough was gooey, and so I had Belle put more flour, sugar, and an extra egg/salt/baking powder in. Still, it was just not right. I gave up, refrigerated them, and then began to bake them.

When I took them out of the oven, they were all bumpy (unlike my usual smooth ones) and they tasted more like biscuits than snickerdoodles. I was so ashamed that I dumped them into a container and resolved not to pull them out after dinner. However, the girls got some and proclaimed them 'yummy'. I was not happy. But after dinner was over, she had me give some to Dad and Theophilus anyways.

Theophilus has decided that no: they are not snickerdoodles. He says they are better and wants me to make them the same way next time. I'm still too vain to take pictures of my flops. But I've discovered that there is a bright side to my mistake. Theophilus will eat all of them because he likes them. So this is the offical announcement of my own invented specialty: Biscadoodles!

1 comment:

  1. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...