Tuesday 29 July 2008

Making Noise At The Library

Once a year, musicians are allowed to invade the library and make noise. We call it a noontime show, which is part of our summer gala.
There is a community orchestra, which grew out of a student one, which I often 'ring' for. By now, I think I've played most of their pieces at least once. Then the conductor of the group surprised me with a few new numbers, but I figured that there wasn't any problem and practiced them at home.
Of course, it wasn't going to be that easy. I arrived for the rehearsal shortly before the actual concert and it was decided by popular vote to change one of the pieces - which I had down - and they substituted it with one I'd never seen before. Apparently I'm a good sight-reader: no one noticed that I bluffed my way through, and NEVER made a mistake. I didn't get any pictures of the larger group performing; however, I managed to get a few shots of the cello group, Cellocracy. And I noticed a little sign above the area where we were playing...


1 comment:

  1. 'Quiet Area', lol!

    And good job on winging your way through the piece. I've had to do the same for dance every now and again--definitely not fun!

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...