Saturday 5 July 2008

Near Midnight


Last night, I watched "Capitol Fourth" with my family, and was once again amazed at how quickly it got dark there. I'm not from the south, nor have I spent much of my life anywhere but Alaska. And in the summer, it just does not get very dark.


I talked to a friend of mine, and she said that her family was planning on fireworks. We couldn't do that up here, because you'd never see them. But it was overcast, so it got a little darker than it usually would. So these pictures were taken on the fourth, at about 11:45 PM. Yes. P.M.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's magical. The colors of the clouded sky and black silhouetted leaves are beautiful . . . and well, it's just more magical since those pics were taken near MIDNIGHT!

    I didn't go see fireworks; I just stayed home and slept. Plane flight early next morning and all that. I also found an interesting spider, but I'll tell you about that later ;)


    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...