Friday 25 July 2008

Tree Down

Recently, it's been very windy, as well as very wet. Yesterday, Theophilus informed me that one of our few remaining trees, a beautiful willow, had fallen from the wind.
Today, as we were working at weeding, we took a break and I sat for a few minutes in the branches of the felled willow.
As I jumped down, I saw that there was a little one growing up beside where the previous one had stood. "From the ashes, a fire shall be woken" ran through my mind. Perhaps later I'll post pictures of the willow, for Jhaniel's sake.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, do post! ;)

    I had a local friend whose family had a willow in their backyard, and I was always so happy to see it. Then one year they chopped it down to plant new flowers in its old place. I still miss that silver tree . . .


    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...