Wednesday 16 July 2008

Engineering From Harrison and Associates, INC.

Today announces the birth of the engineer Harrison. Theophilus dragged out his old K-nex and legos and started Harrison on a building spree. I remember laying on the floor of our old bedroom, chin resting on my arm until it hurt, watching Theophilus build enormous structures out of K-nex and massive, intricate castles and forts out of legos. (Which he didn't exactly appreciate me playing with...)

As Theophilus and I prepared food for dinner, Harrison occasionally brought up some of his projects to be duly admired. I realized that we have very few pictures of those that were built years ago by the soon-to-be engineer Theophilus (we have less than one month together now) and decided I'd start snapping shots of Harrison's work, before he or the girls tear them apart. When I went downstairs, I was happy to see that Belle was busy at work constructing her own fort from legos. Tink was the only non-engineer, as she told me that she was at work on her 'nobble' like me. I don't think I can make her understand that I'm at work on a novel, since she thinks that 'nobbles' are far more interesting and more people read them.

Life has little pleasures hidden for us. Here's to finding them in the simple things! ~Laura

1 comment:

  1. 'Nobble'--How cute! That's what I'm going to call my own work-in-progress from now on ;)

    And I'm wowed by Harrison's skills. We've got a million K'nex as well, but I'm afraid I never did much with them. They aggravated me. I was once, however, very good with legos.

    I always preferred building fairy houses outdoors though. You make them with twigs, moss, leaves, flowers . . . stuff like that. Have you tried that with the girls? Might be fun.

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...