Thursday 2 October 2008

Winter's Coming

"Not idly do the leaves of Lothlorien fall..."

That line was chasing itself around my head this morning as I took a long walk down our road. I suppose one could easily blame it on the fact that I've been listening to At Dawn In Rivendell on my iPod a lot lately; but I choose the option that it's autumn. Last night, the wind was quite strong around two in the morning. Since my insomnia has seemingly returned the last few days, I laid in bed, writing and listening to the dancing leaves go past my window.

This morning most of the trees around our house are bare. The ground is golden and crisp in frosty leaves. The trees look lonely and sad, stripped of their bright raiment. They seem to know that Autumn is drawing near its end, and that Winter is close on her heels. The chilly air is brisk and invigoratingly fresh.

Winter's coming soon, and that will mean snow. Hopefully that will come when I'm in New York with Mum, and perhaps Andy, but if not, I'll be showing you what the beginnings of Alaska winters look like. Actually, we're lucky. Fairbanks had snow on the 27th of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...