Thursday 23 October 2008

Redoubt Chamber Orchestra

Tonight was the first rehearsal! And we got to play some music never played by an orchestra ever before. Sure makes us feel special.
Best of all, we got to play Christmas music all night long. My fingers are a little sore from the cold, but it was such fun that I don't really mind. Plus, being first chair second violin does a lot to cheer me up.
And we have a new contra-bass player; a position left empty by the absence of Theophilus this year. Who else would do it than the old harrasser-of-strings Kent. He's actually a trombone player and has teased string players for years. I seem to be his usual target, but now, the tables have been reversed.
Our conductor says I have free reign to tease him about now being a string-player. Now, I think I'm going to be playing Sleigh Ride tomorrow... and am looking forward to more RCO music!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, Christmas music. I've always been sort of obsessed with it. The kind of person who would rather listen to "Es ist ein Ros entsprungen" than "Jingle Bells" and whose idea of a good modern xmas tune is Dinah Shore singing "Don't Forget to Feed the Reindeer." *g*

    And I should have come and said this before, but it's very good to hear that your mum's getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, Christmas music!!! Through my choir and orchestra experience, this has always been my favourite time of the year. I do so love Christmas carols. :) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kent on strings? No way! I wish was there to see THAT one. XD

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...