Saturday 25 October 2008

Only Child

I'm an only child.

I've been avoiding that thought all day. Alright, I still have Theophilus as a brother, but he's at college and seems pretty satisfied with only speaking to me about once a week - usually after I've bugged him or gone ahead and called him myself. But the boys left yesterday evening.

In one week, we went from a family of seven, to a family of three. It's so strange that it is very nearly like one of those bizarre dreams where you comfort yourself, saying "don't worry, I'm bound to wake up in about five minutes... right after the teddy bear in the corner starts sing like Bing Crosby". Or maybe I'm the only one with that particular twist...

Anyways, when we took the table down to the setting for the three of us, it sank in that the kids are really gone. It really is just me and my parents. I love them, but it's just weird to have only them around. Can't exactly pull them onto my lap and tell them my newest fairytale I'm writing for a bedtime story.

I think I'm probably rambling, but I'm just trying to get used to the idea.

I'm an only child.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get the kids back and that everything goes alright. We have been praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you Laura. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sad; it really gave me shivers just imagining how awful that must be. I know I've sort of become an only child all of a sudden, what with moving away--but I have the kids to go home to. I can't even fully imagine having all of them vanish like that . . . I hope, hope, hope you get yours back too.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...