Tuesday 28 October 2008

Christmas In The Air

Today was the perfect day for thinking about the fifty-eight days to Christmas. It was really chilly out, below zero fahrenheit when I woke up. And I had a few cups of apple-tea and warm toast. Yeah, and somehow, even though I'm over my cold (I hope) I just didn't feel like going outside.
So as I was in the kitchen, I found a CD that I hadn't listened to much before. Theophilus bought it last Christmas for Mum, and somehow, I was always somewhere else when it was being played. But it was Mannheim Steamroller, so I knew it was good.
I fell in love with the music... especially a song called "Masters In The Hall". It just sounded so old, it was based on a mode used during the late Middle Ages.
It feels like Christmas is in the air... the very frosty air that is. Very soon, in the very room I'm in, there will be a beautiful tree all covered in shining ornaments. Oh and let's not forget what goes under there...
Fifty-eight days and counting!

3 comments:

  1. *sighs happily* Yep, "Masters in This Hall" is a good one. Do you listen to the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols? If you don't, you should. I know you'd like it.

    Oh, and I decided to switch all my blogging activities over to my journal on last.fm (http://www.last.fm/user/whatwaslost/journal), so you can change/remove the link to me as you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. How strange to think of it getting cold at this time of year, just as things are getting warmer for us. :) I absolutely adore Christmas and understand your sentiments entirely. Have you heard of Loreena Mckennitt? She is a wonderful musician, and we've just purchased her new Christmas album, "A Midwinter Night's Dream". It's beautiful. Bring on all the Christmas music and carols, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sang "Masters in this Hall" on an x-mas concert one year. It is Irish I think. Loreena Mckennitt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...