Sunday 19 October 2008

And The Days Go On...

Friday and Saturday are all a blur to me. Mum didn't come home, she's away at another hospital where they ran some tests on her. She's regained speech, or she had last night, after she lost it on Thursday evening. The kids spent the weekend with friends, Dad with with Mum and I was going back and forth amonst friends. It was good to know that I wasn't alone, but at the same time, I'm very tired from the week. It hardly seems possible that it was only a week ago that I was dancing with Mum in the kitchen to Jim Nabor's opera.
But the days go on, and life has changed greatly over the last few days. Five days. It hardly seems possible that so much has happened in that amount of time. My mind has been all over the place, as have my emotions, but I've found that prayer is my only resort in the end.
A friend of mine and I started a prayer group together, and hope to be able to be there for others to reach out. We as humans are not meant to be alone. I believe Lewis when he said that Man was not a solitairy creature. Perhaps we enjoy being alone and having solitude and peace, yet our souls were made to yearn for others. I never realized how much others meant to me - their words, company and prayers - until this past five days.
This week, the days will still go on, and life will change even more, but I cannot say more about that for now. I'll explain as things go along and time passes.
Blessings, ~ Laura

5 comments:

  1. God bless you and your family.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your mom! I hope all is well with her soon. Keep us posted just like you have been. Christ's blessings to you and your family.

    (hugs!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Laura, and I'm praying for you.

    I'd call you, but you seem pretty phone sick. Thanks for updating, you and your family are constantly in my thoughts. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying over here, too! I just saw the last few blogs and am still sppeechless. May God hold you and your whole family tightly in his loving hands!

    Schokolade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying for you and your family, Laura. Thinking of you from afar,
    Saminda. :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...