Thursday 2 October 2008

For Those Tolkien-Lovers Out There

I love Christopher Lee, and still maintain the belief that he should have played Gandalf. About five or six years ago, our peninsula orchestra did a fantasy movies' soundtracks concert, and one of the movies was, of course, the Lord of the Rings. In my search for the soundtrack (yes, Jhaniel, I did not own it) my dad found a CD called At Dawn In Rivendell and it has since become one of my favourite CDs of all time. I like it better than even Howard Shore's music in the movie. And today, I found this video, combining both the Ensemble and Christopher Lee. That equals happiness.

2 comments:

  1. If I told you now that I have tears in my eyes, would you laugh? Because that video moved me to tears . . . The Walking Song interpretation. It was so right. So Tolkien.

    I'd actually never heard of these people before, something I am very sad about now. I absolutely must get their music. That was enchanting. I have my own tunes for many of Tolkien's songs, so to hear Galadriel's song at the end was interesting . . . it was eerily similar to that which I imagined. And hooray for Christopher Lee! He did the audiobook for The Children of Hurin, too.

    Many thanks, Laura! I will definitely track down this CD, now . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are four CDs I think. Dusk At Rivendell, Night In Rivendell, At Dawn in Rivendell, and Leaving Rivendell. And then there was the last one, which was a compilation CD of all the music.

    I won't laugh. I cry over some of the songs. "Treebeard's Song" is heartbreaking. I should get TCoH if he did it. I kinda posted this for you, so I'm glad you liked it!

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...