Tuesday 21 October 2008

Running On Empty

This morning, at seven o'clock, the girls walked out the door with two social workers.

We don't know if they'll be back in a month like the social workers said it might be. We don't know if they'll never come home again. We just don't know.

But a large part of me was torn out when Belle said good-bye. A lot of my last two years have been invested with her; Mum focused on Tink and I got Belle. I love both of them, they are my sisters, and I have had to remind myself that they are only foster children. Not my actual sisters.

Unfortunately, they feel the same way. I've had to deal with melt-downs from Belle after she found out that I was not going with her on this trip. Suddenly, one of my reasons to keep plowing through life when things get hard has been jerked away. I don't have Belle following me around, believing in me all the time, smiling up at me anymore.

Emotionally, I'm running on empty...

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I cried when I read this. I mean, I don't know you but I wondered if this might happen with the girls and I just feel so sad! I'm so sorry, for you and for them. I don't know what else to say. Just keep praying. God has all this in His hands, though it's so hard to see during these hard times.
    I'll keep praying for you. And your Mum too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Your post was so heartfelt and sad. I swallowed back tears trying to picture what it would be like to be in your shoes. I will be praying for you and those sweet little girls. God can still do amazing things.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...