Thursday 16 October 2008

Mum At The Hospital

Today, Dad and I went to visit Mum at the hospital. It was great to see her since the last time I saw her was Tuesday morning. Although she was pretty distant - she had just had another test done - it was wonderful talking to her. And I was happy that Leah came to visit her while we were there too. I really think having visitors helps keep her from getting stir-crazy.

Life still feels like I'm living in a whirl-wind. And I feel like somone super-glued a phone to my left ear, which now has a permanent ring in it. The kids have been great, for the most part, and I'm intensely grateful for them behaving. Goodness knows the melt-downs I could be dealing with right now. I'm just finding that the night's are not nearly long enough for sleeping. Although I'm exhausted, I've learned to take advantage of the times when I'm sitting down and am not on the phone.

Mum's probably coming home tomorrow. It's better than her being at the hospital, in some ways, but she won't have trained people looking in on her, which might be difficult. She called a little while ago, and told me that she actually got to walk about six or eight feet today, with the help of a walker. We're not sure what this next week will hold, but I am so very thankful for all the prayers surrounding my Mum right now.

And now I have to check on dinner and Belle and Harrison, since those are the two I have at home right now. Dad and Tink should be home soon, and then we're off to Lance's band concert! We'll see about pictures of that...

4 comments:

  1. *many hugs* ah girly, all this crazyness in your life! Truely, you were born to be the herione of book.

    You and your family are for sure in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your Mum is doing better!!! xoxoxoxx...love ya, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all still praying for a quick recovery and return to normalcy for you all. Hoping she'll be up for the long trek to the wilds of Houghton.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I'll be keeping your Mum in my prayers. Keep your chin up, you're doing a wonderful job with the children, I'm sure. All the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...