Friday 3 October 2008

It Snowed

I'm tired and my brain is on over-load... so I'm not going to say much tonight. (Big change from the enormous Lewis quote the other day and the two posts yesterday!) But Lance came home from school today with the news: at lunch-hour, it snowed.

Snow...

Yes. The white stuff. I'm not ready for winter just yet. I was settled in for the fall thing still. Snow. It's cold. And we had it just five months ago, basically. That is a depressing thought. But if his school had snow, we'll have it any day where we live. So... when I said that winter was coming yesterday, I really meant it.

Snow.

I think I'm going to dig out all my sweaters tomorrow and put away all my light summer gear. Snow. I feel like the little kids in The King and I. Snow. It's too early to think about that and I'm too tired.

Snow!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Snow. I can't imagine. Do you know, I've never seen snow? My children have never seen snow. Elijah keeps asking, and I've told him "one day'. Hope that one day isn't too far off. :) Enjoy, and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen snow? Wow. I'd send you some if I could. By April I'll have seen enough snow to last me for a while. I like it for the first month and a half, and then it's just too cold. And dreary. My sweaters are very comfortable. :)
    Tell Elijah that it is very wet and it isn't so nice when stuffed down the back of one's neck. Or in one's boots. And it's very cold. Very cold.
    I think I need some cocoa now.
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...