Saturday 31 May 2008

Field At Sunset

Almost every evening now, I take a walk for about twenty minutes or so through the field that is down the road from us. I don't remember when I started doing this, but it was perhaps about two months ago.
I enjoy walking in solitude, and musing on whatever was on my mind and in my life. Over time, the field has become greener - the grass which was brown and dead is now bursting in fresh, soft green newness. The trees have begun putting out their leaves, and show signs of spring turning to summer.
At sunset, which is now very late, the field is especially lovely. The patterns of shadow across the ground, coupled with the brightness against the mountains' snow. Also, the trees shine and glow, almost unearthly, and remind me of Loth Lorien or other places of my own imagination. Birds are often my only companions out there, because everyone else stays on the road - and I'm left to the field. I don't mind.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Linden. The last one put me in mind of Lothlorien as well, or something like that--very Faerie-ish.

    And is that a robin? There were robins all over the place in England, but none where I live now, and I miss the jolly little fellows.

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jhaniel! Now, due to my reading, the last picture made me think of the Dancing Lawn or dryads... I guess it depends on what mood I'm in and what I've been reading.

    That is a robin. There are tons of them right now. They are fun little things, and tend to wake me up in the morning by trilling outside my window. I think I've located about eight nests on our property. You should come up to see them!

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should. Well, I'll save my money and maybe someday I can afford an Alaskan holiday :)

    I always imagined the Dancing Lawn as being darker, more shades of blue than of white . . . With little lanterns and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops--That was Jhaniel again, by the way. You could probably figure it out from what I wrote, but still . . .

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...