Thursday 22 May 2008

My Life in Photographs

So, we're having an open house on Sunday for our graduation, since Theophilus and I have been homeschooled all these years together and Mum and Dad are getting rid of us at the same time. (At least, they're getting rid of him, because I'm not going to college next year.)

Now, my Mum is a wonderful cook, but has never been a crafty or artsy person, and so the only scrapbook that I have is one that my Gramma made several years ago. Mum decided to get adventurous with our grad party and said that we should have photo albums for people to look at. One for Theophilus and one for me. And then a joint one for all the pictures of us together, since we've always been doing similar stuff, although we are very different people!

However, I find that there aren't many pictures of me when we were little. Now, there aren't that many of Theophilus either. We do have reasons for that: we didn't have that much money to spend on film, some pictures were lost, and Mum doesn't take pictures. Add to that, I was born with snow-white hair and extremely fair complexion. So I looked like a glowing blob in most of the pictures, or made everything else in the pictures look so dark that you can't really tell what it is.

This is why most photographs of me are self-photos which have been taken in the past two years. Also, there are more Theophilus photos because I'm an extreme shutterbug and will take photos of anything, even my shoes if I haven't anything else more interesting. There are a few photos taken by other people; my dad's taken a few, so have a few friends, but beyond that, there just aren't that many photos of me.
But there are some photos from my childhood which I'm putting in the album, and I'd like to share a few with you. The credits go to most likely my father, grandmother, and my uncle. (I don't think there's anyone else...)

Yes, I drove back then too... and I don't honk my horn anymore. But watch out for me around town!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww...cute! Are you going to post recent pictures *coughpicsofgraduationcough*, or will your mom not let you? And I just thought of this, but I think that my name on this blog should be the Classical Rock Star. Or Lynnie.

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks. No, I'll be putting pictures of graduation on here soon. I'm just a little busy right now. And you can choose amongst Meme, Andromanche, and Lynna. Okay? Love you M'dearie.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaiii, you're so cute, Linden! I have zero baby pics, as they're all packed away at my grandma's house in HI, but hopefully when I visit later this year I'll be able to find them.

    ' . . . and I don't honk my horn anymore.'

    Heh, but do you still have as much fun as you had in that picture?

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...