Saturday 17 May 2008

Sighted: Dating Birds

Today, it got really warm: for Alaska. So Theophilus came up with the brilliant idea of biking with Lance to one of the local M&D stations to get ice cream.

Lance and Theophilus took their good old time on the bikes, and I honestly tried to not go fast. But I soon outdistanced them, and stopped to wait for a few minutes.

Some rustling in the bushes off the side of the road attracted my attention, and I went to investigate.

Why do I never seem to have my camera when I really really need it?

It turned out to be a pair of American Robins, and they seemed to be mating. But the female was being a bit coy... it seemed as though they were attempting to act like dating teenagers.

After five minutes, the boys still hadn't caught up, so I continued on anyways. They'd probably taken a detour, and would catch up with me later, I thought.

About a mile from my home, I saw another mating pair, acting the same way as the first had. And then as I turned in on my own lane, yet another couple were doing it.

So is this why girls are sometimes called chicks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...