Friday 30 May 2008

Notes From Jenn

In my last post, I showed the gifts from graduation. Now, Jenn gave me a new notebook; a lovely green and brown shiny diary styled book. I always have uses for notebooks, so I'm very grateful for these gifts. But unlike others, Jenn wrote me a note in the back. She and I met when I was about ten years old, at a roller-skating rink. I could barely stay upright, and neither could she, and her little sister crashed us together. We've been friends since - and there are so many ways that I wouldn't be the person I am without her.

"Hey girly-o, I'm so proud of you. ^-^ The adorable blonde girl I met years ago, who couldn't keep upright on her skates, has become this adorable blonde lady who's so talented, whimsical and silly as the day we met. That's so amazing!
Everything that you do you do the very best that you can. That's something to be proud of girly. So give yourself a big smile, throw confetti, hire a band, and all that good stuff. ^_^ And, at the risk of sounding like some cheesey high school movie; don't ever change!
Things change, girly-o. People move around, they move out, and move on, and a lot of times we can't do anything about it.
But no matter what, you'll always be my Moriko-chan, my Willow-sister, my blonde-haired elf girl, and my dear, dear friend. Always. ^-^
I'll always be glad about falling on my butt that day at the skating rink... because I landed next to you."

I haven't quoted the whole thing, some of it is far to personal for that. But Jenn, just know that I love you too... and I'm glad that we both couldn't skate because if we had been fast like everyone else, we would have just skated past each other and none of this would have happened. Our paths are seperating this summer, but our hearts are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...