Monday 19 May 2008

Glassware

A while ago, I was obsessed with looking at items for kitchens, mostly dishes. I sent an email to my dear friend Kat about a set of china that I especially liked. She replied that while the set I mentioned was very pretty, she was more into clear glassware. Well, I liked clear glass as well, but I wasn't very sure that I'd like them for common use.

Last weekend, I was up in Anchorage and Mum decided we were to pay a visit to the largest greenhouse in the state. I'd never been in there before, but the idea of getting more herbs for my herb garden was quite appealing.

Little did I know that this greenhouse also had another section. They had crystal jewelry, stationary, and assorted knick-knacks that even my Grandmother would have a hard time beating their collection. After a while of aimless wandering, I discovered a tiny little side room full of clear glassware.

This goblet caught my fancy, and I decided that Kat had a certain point with liking clear dishes. And of course, I took pictures of the blue because of how much I love that colour. But Mum liked the green, and the purple was very pretty as well.

But I didn't take that many pictures, due to the saleslady watching me suspiciously. Honestly, I was only taking pictures, not stealing the beautiful displays.

And then there was this kind as well. There were plates, bowls, and so on that had little pedestals of clear glass. The only problem I had was that the sets only came in twos and fours.

I wonder how expensive it would have been to get a set for ten...

Kat, you won that round.

2 comments:

  1. Strange, I left a comment on here and it never showed up.

    Anyways, that glass is really pretty! I love the gobblet too, it's so Elvish... I can completely imagine it in Rivendell. :-) Of course I won! Lol.

    hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, yes the goblet belongs in Rivendell, or Cair Paravel--somewhere elegant and beautiful and airy.

    Of course, they'd have to take the fleur-de-lis off first, though ;)

    -Jhaniel

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...